What can I recycle?
- Newspaper and junk mail mix, glossy inserts are OK
- Magazines, catalogues, paperback and phone books
- White office paper
- Paper bags
- Cereal boxes, cardboard, corrugated cardboard boxes and boxboard - please flatten
- Plastic bottles #1-7 - such as milk jugs and detergent bottles, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc. Remove caps and lids, rinse well and flatten, labels may be left on.
- Rigid plastics such as plastic buckets, soda crates, plastic pallets, coolers, drums, toys and playhouses, plastic flower pots, laundry baskets, empty garbage cans, plastic pet containers.
- Tin and aluminum cans and lids - remove labels, rinse well, flatten if possible. Empty aerosol cans are OK.
- Small metals and aluminum
- Car and Truck Batteries ONLY (no household batteries)
- Used motor oils are accepted onsite at the Werkner Rd. location ONLY, not at bin sites or curbside
- NO glass of any kind including bottles, jars, mirrors, window glass, light bulbs, etc. We are no longer able to accept glass of any kind. Click here to read more.
- NO motor oil containers
- NO plates, china, ceramics
- NO mirrors, window glass, or light bulbs
- NO tires
- NO paints
- NO styrofoam of any kind
- NO bubble wrap
- NO computers, monitors, keyboards and printers
- NO visqueen
- NO pool covers
- NO plastic tarps
- NO plastic bags
- NO household batteries
- NO propane tanks of any kind
- NO construction waste
Leaving these items and any trash in the bins or at the sites is considered ILLEGAL DUMPING and may be subject to a $1,000 fine.