What can I recycle?
- Newspaper and junk mail mix, glossy inserts are OK
- Magazines, catalogues, paperback and phone books
- White office paper
- Paper bags
- Cereal boxes, cardboard, corrugated cardboard boxes and boxboard - please flatten
- Plastic bottles #1-7 - such as milk jugs and detergent bottles, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc. Remove caps and lids, rinse well and flatten, labels may be left on.
- Rigid plastics such as plastic buckets, soda crates, plastic pallets, coolers, drums, toys and playhouses, plastic flower pots, laundry baskets, empty garbage cans, plastic pet containers.
- Tin and aluminum cans and lids - remove labels, rinse well, flatten if possible. Empty aerosol cans are OK.
- Small metals and aluminum
- Car and Truck Batteries ONLY (no household batteries)
- Used motor oils are accepted onsite at the Werkner Rd. location ONLY, not at bin sites or curbside
And that means more stuff. Please keep in mind we can't recycle everything (as much as we would like to!) We CAN accept wrapping paper, but not the plasticy/shiny kind. We can take boxes, but please remove any styrofoam inside.
Here's a list of items we CANNOT recycle:
-Plastic and paper plates along with the plastic utensils
-Bubble wrap, packing peanuts
-Blow up lawn decorations
-Anything with food debris still on it
-Plasticy-shiny wrapping paper
- NO glass mirrors, window glass, light bulbs, etc.
- NO motor oil containers
- NO plates, china, ceramics
- NO tires
- NO paints
- NO styrofoam of any kind
- NO bubble wrap
- NO computers, monitors, keyboards and printers
- NO visqueen
- NO pool covers
- NO plastic tarps
- NO plastic bags
- NO household batteries
- NO propane tanks of any kind
- NO construction waste
Leaving these items and any trash in the bins or at the sites is considered ILLEGAL DUMPING and may be subject to a $1,000 fine.
We recommend that you recycle your styrofoam in Jackson: