WWRA Education Specialist Job Description (7-30-18)
|JOB TITLE: Education & Outreach Specialist|
$15 to $22 per hour. Commensurate with education and experience.
Bachelors degree from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred.
1 year experience in outreach, communications, community relations or marketing. Familiarity with recycling issues and community organizations is desirable. Experience with word processing software and data is desired.
Excellent interpersonal, presentation and group skills. Accurate, conscientious and flexible with attention to detail. Accepts direction, is well organized, and has the ability to meet deadlines. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate effectively with individuals from all demographic groups. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Perform job functions with ethics, honesty and integrity.
|GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Works independently to develop and deliver educational presentations to community and school groups. Draft articles for media distribution and general promotion of recycling. Serves as the Recording Secretary for the WWRA Board of Directors at meetings. This position will require use of a computer to access and input information. Demonstrate the ability to follow protocols and procedures. Must employ a professional manner that promotes cooperation and evokes respect.
· Develop presentations and marketing materials for community outreach as directed by the WWRA Board;
· Schedule and make presentations to community organizations and schools;
· Draft articles and information pieces for distribution to media outlets as directed by the WWRA Board;
· Attend meetings of the WWRA Board and serve as Recording Secretary;
· Assist with other duties, projects and outreach events as assigned by the WWRA Board.
|Supervisor and Department:
WWRA Board Chair
July 30, 2018